Friday, September 5, 2008

DC Visiting


Last weekend, we visited our daughter in Arlington VA. The weekend was beautiful, we had a few really good meals and got to go to our favorite bakery there- Heidelberg Bakery . If you ever are in the area, be sure to stop, you will find just about anything you want there! This has to be one of the biggest bakeries I have been in. I had a cheese danish both days- so good! Be sure to visit their website and drool over all the items!

We also walked about 5 miles on the Mt Vernon Trail along the Potomac River on Saturday. Had to walk off those breakfast calories! The trail is very nice and we crossed the footbridge to Teddy Roosevelt Island and saw a few deer in the woods. It was a perfect day weather-wise!

3 comments:

Bunny said...

Fran I live in a small town where the only bakery is in the grocery store. I would love to see a bakery like this. I'd probably be crazy trying to figure out what to buy with sooooo many wonderful choices!!

Unknown said...

Hey Fran! That bakery looks divine!! I am originally from Jersey where there were PLENTY of fabulous bakeries! I even used to work in one when I was younger. Now, in Florida, we are forced to buy from the grocery store! :( Hope you enjoyed your trip!

The Blonde Duck said...

I'll have to stop by next time I'm over there!