Thursday, October 16, 2008

Apple Cupcakes w/ Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

Yes, I know! Judging from the title of this blog, an apple recipe is long overdue! So to honor the fall season I made these cupcakes. The cake is moist and has a great apple taste. The icing comes from this recipe. I have used it with other cakes and it is always a winner. (NOTE to Blogger- uhh whats up with the tiny pic??)

For the apple cake I used a DH yellow cake mix,used the ingredients on the box, added 2 lrg chopped apples, 1 pkg cheesecake pudding and a little extra oil. In place of the extra oil you could use 1/2 cup applesauce. In place of the liquid, you could use apple juice or even cider for a little extra tang. I also added about 1 tbl of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg.

Enjoy the fall!

6 comments:

Bunny said...

These sound great Fran, as usual!!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

MMM this sounds tasty and seems so easy! Thanks for recipe!
~ingrid

Rambler said...

Wow you have done it again!!! That looks great and thanks for the Lemon cupcake recipe - I made them and they came out great!

Fran Z said...

Oh thanks so much y'all! I'm all for easy! :)

Unknown said...

Hey!! I love the cupcakes. They look divine!! Yummy!!!!

Carol said...

Apples...cream cheese..cupcakes....YUM! These sound delicious!!!