Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cookies for the USS Abraham Lincoln

Well I sent my cookies off the the USS Abraham Lincoln yesterday. I made Oatmeal Scotchie Bars, Chocolate Chip cookies and Peanut Butter Chip cookies. Hope they get there in one piece!


I used my trusty Food Saver vac and sucked most of the air out- but not enough to flatten the cookies- to keep them fresh. Then, super bubble wrapped!
Oatmeal Scotchies are, by far, my family's favorite cookie. I have always made them as a bar, using the recipe on the Nestle's Butterscotch Chip bag.
As part of Operation Baking Gals, I am on Steph's team and am sending cookies to Eric for distribution on the USS Abraham Lincoln. I am happy to be involved in showing our appreciation to our troops as they fight to protect freedom in the world.

3 comments:

giz said...

The choices you made should travel pretty well. Good job!!!

stephchows said...

WOW you baked so much!!! yum! everything looks great!

Anonymous said...

I baked for Eric too :) I wish that I had a vacuum sealer. I am sure you cookies will arrive in perfect shape!