Sunday, June 22, 2008

Berry Trifle




I needed a quick dessert for a get together and had no time to bake. ACK! Well, I turned to a solution that many have done before me- a berry trifle.
I forgot I even had a trifle bowl, until I came across it recently while I was searching my cupboards for something else! It used to belong to my mother and I have never used it.
This dessert is light and fairly low in calories compared to others. Fresh berries are layered with angel food cake and sweetened whipped cream. (In my haste, I overbeat the whipped cream.) Calories can be cut further by using a low calorie whipped topping.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i need a trifle bowl.

then again, maybe i don't. because then i'm pretty sure i would be eating trifles all the time. which i'm pretty sure i don't need to be doing.

oh, to be on the horns of a dilemma.

Renee said...

Trifles = Summer = Fresh Berries! How yummy!

Anonymous said...

that looks sooooo good! i've never made one before. how long does it keep in the fridge?? if you ever have any left that is!! i'd like to make this.

Unknown said...

We'd like to invite you to participate in our July berry recipe contest. All competitors will be placed on our blogroll, and the winner will receive a fun prize! Please email me, sophiekiblogger@gmail.com, if you're interested. Feel free to check out our blog for more details. (Click on my name in the message header link to visit our blog. :)